We Will Help You Understand Your Options
If you or someone you love has been charged with a crime, it might feel like there’s nothing you can do. With the help of a seasoned, dedicated criminal defense attorney, you have options. With more than 25 years of experience helping the people of South Dakota, our founding attorney John Peterson should be your first call when you need assistance.
- DUI: From first offenses to habitual drunk driving charges, we will investigate the circumstances leading up to the arrest and walk you through your options.
- Theft: If you were arrested on suspicion of shoplifting, you need an attorney with in-depth understanding of South Dakota’s intricate petty theft laws.
- Burglary: Unlike trespassing, which is a misdemeanor, a burglary charge is a serious felony.
- Vehicular battery: If you injure someone in an accident and are suspected of driving under the influence, you could be charged with a felony.
- Drugs: Whether it’s possession or trafficking of a controlled substance, we can help you determine your best course of action.
- White collar crime: From embezzlement to kickbacks, we will help you navigate the choices for the most desirable outcome.
Any criminal conviction can lead to serious, long-term consequences, especially if there are prior convictions. If you or a loved one has been charged with a crime, we can help.
Your Advocate In And Out Of The Courtroom
Although we spend most of our days in the courtroom, we know it is sometimes better to find a resolution outside of court. We’re always prepared to vigorously represent our clients, whether it’s taking a case to trial or negotiating a plea deal. We give our clients honest and candid assessments of their situation, and you can be assured that your best interests will remain our top priority.
The most critical decision you can make is to call a lawyer who has vast experience with South Dakota laws. With more than two decades dedicated to helping people who have been charged with crimes, we are here for you.